ACPC Fall 2014 Board Meeting - Syracuse, NY
by: Peter J. Obst
At the business meeting (l. to r.): Alicia Dutka (2nd Vice-president), Mary Ellen Tyszka (President),
Tom Payne (1st Vice-president), Judy Tompkins (Treasurer)
The ACPC Fall Board Meeting, Oct 17-18, was hosted by the Syracuse Polish Heritage Club and took place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Syracuse, NY. Among the items under discussion was the 2016 ACPC Convention which will take place in Chicago, August 5 - 8, at the Hilton Suites Hotel near O'Hare Airport. The host organization will be the Chicago Chopin Society headed by Jaroslaw Golembiowski (details will be posted on the ACPC website). Also on the agenda were updates to the ACPC Constitution and Bylaws, the November 22-23 NCSS Conference in Boston, a possible book project, and affiliate status for the Savannah General Pulaski Committee (approved).
After the business meeting on Saturday many persons elected to attend mass at the Sacred Heart Basilica followed by the 95th Anniversary Banquet for the Syracuse Polish Home, music by Joe Stankey and the Cadets. The celebration was organized by ACPC board member Robert Synakowski and members of the Polish Home. Congratulations on excellent events to the Syracuse Polish Home group and the Syracuse Polish Heritage Club. STO LAT and then some more!
1. (l. to r.) Paul Bosse, Robert Synakowski
2. Robert Synakowski, Janet Hedin, Carol Surma
3. At the Sacred Heart Basillica; Mary Ellen Tyszka (center), flanked by Marcia Lewandowski (Recording Secretary)
4. At the Polish Home Anniversary Banquet
5. Jackie Kolowski, Jarosaw Golembiowski, Jo Louise and Marion Winters
6. In the hallway of the Syracuse Polish Home
7. Well stocked library of the Syracuse Polish Home
8. ACPC Group Picture at the Syracuse Polish Home Anniversary Banquet