ACPC Autumn Board Meeting 2017

Place: Savannah, Georgia
Dates: Saturday, Oct. 7 through Monday, Oct. 9, 2017

Dear Board Members:

The ink is finally dry on a contract with a hotel facility in Savannah. Here are the details for our Fall Board Meeting in Savannah:

Doubletree Hotel by Hilton Savannah Historic District
411 West Bay Street
Savannah GA 31401
Phone 912-790-7000

Saturday October 7 Rate $189.00 plus taxes and fees
Sunday October 8 Rate $159.00 plus taxes and fees

Valet Parking $24 per day

Reservations must be made by September 18, 2017. Identify yourself as part of the American Council for Polish Culture group.

Schedule:
October 7, 5:00 pm - 7:00 Board Meeting
October 8, 1:00 pm - 5:00 Board Meeting
October 9, 7:00 am Ceremony at the Battlefield commemorating General Pulaski

Agenda will be sent out approximately one week prior to meeting. Since we recently met in Toronto, I do not plan to rehash project summaries, but instead plan to focus on budgeting and prioritization of projects, and make everyone aware of revenue collection, expense and budget prioritization, and establish an agreeable process for funding of projects. We will rely on our more experienced board members to explain the genesis of projects to more recent members.

The Savannah Committee is trying to arrange for a dinner on Sunday night and it is expected that Poland's Ambassador to the US, Piotr Wilczek, will be attending.

If you have questions, please let me know. I apologize for the late notice and short window to make reservations. I hope that we will have a good attendance.

In connection with our upcoming weekend in Savannah, you may want to consider visiting St John the Baptist Cathedral which is only 1.2 miles away from the hotel. Here is the website so that you can check out Mass times. This is one of the most impressive churches in America. http://savannahcathedral.org/

Tom Payne
President

------------------ The October Board meeting is scheduled to coincide with the dedication of a Stone Tablet on the Savannah Battlefield to honor Gen. Casimir Pulaski on Monday, Oct. 9, 2017

The tablet is sponsored by Mr. Ray Okonski of Detroit, MI

Ceremonies will be arranged by the Savannah Gen. Pulaski Committee and the Georgia Coastal Heritage Society.

The Battlefield at Savannah, GA

[picture]

View Additional Information

pix here]

The old metal marker at the Savannah City Museum in the old railroad station on MLK Blvd.

pix here]

S. Paul Bosse stands on the Savannah Battlefield near the POLAND stone tablet sponsored by the ACPC.