[picture]

[picture]

----

ACPC Autumn Board Meeting 2015

Dates: Friday-Saturday, November 13-14

Hosted by: Friends of Polish Art

TIME: Friday Meeting: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday Meeting: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm

WHERE: Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hotel 1020 Washington Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48226
Direct Phone: 313-887-7000

ROOM RESERVATIONS: $94.00 per night for single king/2 queen beds plus room tax

When booking room, refer to "American Council for Polish Culture Fall Board Meeting"
Please make room reservations by October 23 to obtain rate
Complimentary breakfast is available at hotel

VALET PARKING available at $27 (in/out privileges) or other lots in area

WELCOME RECEPTION: 9:00 pm on Friday, November 13

SATURDAY ENTERTAINMENT: Opening night performance of "The Passenger" at the Michigan Opera Theatre (only 1/2 mile from Hotel -- transportation available) Purchase tickets from Carol Surma for 25% discount
See information below. Call Carol ASAP to reserve ticket(s) 248-224-0251 or surmalaw@ymail.com

THE PASSENGER - OPERA TICKET UPDATE

Please be advised that FPA has secured a block of tickets for the opening night performance (November 14 at 7:30 pm) of The Passenger at the Michigan Opera Theatre. All tickets are on the main floor. The cost per ticket is $89 (these tickets are normally priced at $119 plus surcharges). This is an excellent savings. Because we ordered a group of tickets, there is no surcharge and we have them at a discount rate.

For those of you who responded earlier, I will be contacting you individually. If anyone else would like tickets, please contact me at your earliest convenience with the number of tickets you desire. Please make the check payable to "Friends of Polish Art" for the number of tickets you are purchasing and mail to me at the address provided below. The ticket money must be sent to the Michigan Opera Theatre no later than October 1 to keep our block of tickets and at this price.

In order to avoid any conflict, the tickets will be assigned on a "first come, first served" basis. In other words, if you book early you will get the best seats.

If you really want to attend the opera but are unable to attend on opening night, please contact me. I may be able to purchase additional tickets for another performance at a reduced rate.

Thank you.

Carol J. Surma - Friends of Polish Art
626 East Fourth Street, Suite 8
Royal Oak, MI 48067-2802
tel: 248-399-6262 fax: 248-399-3295

Join the Friends of Polish Art in supporting an opera of moral purpose. Be a witness to the reign of evil and its consequences.

Composed by Polish-born composer Mieczyslaw Weinberg, based on the radio drama by Polish novelist and Auschwitz survivor Zofia Posmysz, The Passenger is a tapestry of Polish themes: Nazi-German occupation, Polish resistance and defiance, faith and faithfulness, remembrance of those lost, and the inevitable moral accounting.

November 14, 18, 21, and 22, 2015 at the Detroit Opera House.

See information about Mieczysław Weinberg's extraordinary opera, The Passenger

[Arrow Picture]