2016 Adam Styka Art Competition and Sale
hosted by the Polish Heritage Society of Philadelphia
at the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, PA
Exhibition Dates - Sept. 3, 4, 5 and 10, 11 - 2016
See report on last year's show 2015
The 2016 Adam Styka Art Exhibit and Sale is conducted by the Polish Heritage Society of Philadelphia (an American Council for Polish Culture -- ACPC -- Affiliate) in cooperation with the Pauline Fathers of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa, Doylestown, PA.
The Opening Preview and Reception will take place on Sunday, August 28, at 2:30 pm followed by the exhibition on Sept. 3, 4, 5, and Sept. 10, 11 - 2016 from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm. This exhibition takes place concurrently with the Shrine's Polish Festival and Country Fair, at which time thousands visit the Shrine and have an opportunity to view and purchase the art on display.
Adam Styka, for whom this competition and exhibition is named, was a prodigiously creative painter, who came from a Polish family of internationally known artists, including his father, Jan Styka, and his brother, Tade.
Some of the paintings of the Styka family hang at the Pauline Fathers Monastery at the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa and are on display during this exhibition. Adam Styka rests in a place of honor at the Shrine cemetery, in the Avenue of Heroes (Aleja Zasluzonych).
- Artists working in any medium are eligible.
- All works must be for sale.
- The Polish Heritage Society of Philadelphia retains a commission of 25% on any works sold during the show.
- Deadline for Application: August 7, 2016
- Delivery of Works: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm
- Preview Party and Award Ceremony: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 2:30 pm
- Exhibit Open to the Public: Sept. 3, 4, 5 and Sept. 10, 11 - 2016 from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm
- Art Work Pick-up: Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 5:00 to 7:00 pm
For more information, kindly contact:
Marie Hejnosz, Director
2016 Annual Adam Styka Art Exhibit and Sale
645 Renz Street
Philadelphia, PA 19128
tel: (215) 487-0221
There will be four cash awards;
- 1st Prize - $500
- 2nd Prize - $300 (ACPC Award)
- 3rd Prize - $200 (ACPC Award)
- 4th Prize - Emilia Piasecka Award - $150
- Entrants may submit no more than 3 pieces of art.
- However, due to limited display area, please check with us if you will be submitting very large pieces of art. For example 60 x 120.
- Each piece of art must be clearly labeled with the artists name, title of work, and price.
- Entries must be prepared and ready for hanging
- All works must be for sale. The Polish Heritage Society of Philadelphia retains a 25% commission on any works sold during the show.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $25.00 must accompany entry.
Please make checks payable to:
Polish Heritage Society of Philadelphia
Send checks with application to Marie Hejnosz at address given above.
- Artists must provide their own insurance for their submissions and provide a signed release form
Please use the following Insurance Release Form
- It is understood that works submitted will remain for the duration of the exhibit and may not be withdrawn until the designated pickup date.
All art work must be hand delivered on August 27, 2016 between the hours of 12 noon and 3 pm to:
National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa
Art Exhibit Room (gift-shop building lower level)
Ferry Road, Beacon Hill
Doylestown, PA 18901
- DO NOT MAIL any art work to the Shrine
- Print and fill out the following Entry Form (or a facsimile):